The satisfaction of your need for speed when selling your property fast in Chicago depends on several key factors, the most important of which is the current market. Though you have no control over whether the market is hot or cold, it’s a good idea to be at least cognizant of how fast other homes and properties are moving so that you can act appropriately to get yours ready to sell.
In a buyer’s market, when there are more homes and properties for sale than there are buyers, you’ll have to work extra hard to promote your house or property over the competition. A seller’s market, on the other hand, puts you in the driver’s seat, and there’s less work to do.Here are five tips for how to sell your property fast in Chicago.
1. Get the right agent or company. Find the superstar-listing agent in your town. You know the type – the ones with their photos on billboards, or whose name seems to be plastered all over town. If there’s more than one superstar real estate agent in town, great! Interview both of them. Find out the average time their listings remain on the market before selling.
2. Set the right price. Your agent will determine the market value of the home by comparing it to similar homes in your area that have sold recently. Now, here’s the part most sellers are most resistant to: If you want to sell your house fast, take the agent’s market value and list it at 10 percent below that figure. When you hire a professional home buying company, they will offer you top dollar for your property and then your home will be off you hands.
3. Offer incentives. If you think your house is going to be a tough sell, consider offering to pay the buyer’s closing costs. Buyer incentives are attractive and may give your house the leg up on the competition. If closing costs put too much of a dent in your pocketbook, how about paying for new carpet, new paint – buyer’s choice of color – or new appliances?
4. Prep the house inside and out. Next, it’s time to deal with the house. Curb appeal – how the home looks from the street – is what gets buyers out of the car and into the house. Check yours. Repaint the front door, pull weeds, tidy the landscaping and add some colorful flowers. Once you have them in the door you want to keep them there. At least long enough to view your wonderful house. So, add some oomph to the interior. Cleaning the house is a must. Just as you wouldn’t try to sell a dirty car, why would you market a cluttered, messy house? Box up and store all the clutter, and clean the house until it shines.
5. Great pictures matter. Once the house is in top shape, have your agent photograph it inside and out. Insist on lots of clear photos that show the house in the best light. That means moving cars out of the driveway for photos, keeping kids and pets out of the frame, closing toilet seats and absolutely no blurry shots.
If you think this entire process of selling your property fast in Chicago is too complicated, then maybe you should consider going through a professional home buying company. A professional home company such as iCandy Homes can help you with a variety of real estate issues any homeowner may come across. iCandy Homes can offer a homeowner top dollar for their home, a cash offer within 48 hours and save money on closing costs. For more information go to http://icandyhomes.com/sell-property-fast-chicago/.